My F&F offer from third party has been accepted. Third party lives abroad.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Leo
by Leo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:29 pm
Hi.

My Lump sum offer from third prt has been acepted.
Third prty lives abroad.
I have bank account with the bank with who do not have any debt.
I have been asked to ask third party to tranfer funds direct to the firm.
I was under impression that third party can transfer in my account and i can fwd it.
That’s because if something goes wrong with the firm i have proof of money being paid from uk bank account and believe im covered.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:33 pm
Hi,

I would suggest that it be transferred directly to your IP. I doubt anything will go wrong with the company.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 pm
I agree that it should go to the Insolvency Firm direct. International banking is as regulated as onshore transactions and there should be no problem. If the funds were to go to your account first they could be deemed to be a windfall, despite their purpose, and be due to the creditors anyway without them forming part of the F&F offer --- unlikely I admit, but not worth playing with.
barassic
by barassic » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:49 pm
Hi Leo , just out of interest , how much did you offer to get accepted ? Was it just your remaining number of payments multiplied by your regular payments ? Only ask as I am in the process of making a F & F.
Leo
by Leo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:59 pm
barassic wrote:
Hi Leo , just out of interest , how much did you offer to get accepted ? Was it just your remaining number of payments multiplied by your regular payments ? Only ask as I am in the process of making a F & F.

Hi.
No my iva was lump sum iva as couldn’t do monthly payment due to nothing left.

17p to £1
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:14 am
Third party needs to pay direct to IP - removing and potential "you have had a windfall" comment.

They can send securely in the same way as we send money between accounts with no problems.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:21 pm
I would think it best to pay to the IPs client/designated IVA case account.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”