My f&f offer rejected, is it worth trying again?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Millruby
by Millruby » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:51 pm
Hi I have recently had a full and final offer rejected i have 12payments of £210 left to pay I offered £2500 two creditors were against it.They were barclaycard and idem services has anyone been rejected by these creditors before? I wasn’t given a reason and not sure if my ip submitted my letter, is it worth me trying again as I have no equity so they won’t be able to get more money if I stay in?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:22 pm
I think you should let sleeping dogs lie now - not long to go.
Millruby
by Millruby » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:27 pm
kallis3 wrote:
I think you should let sleeping dogs lie now - not long to go.

I understand what you’re saying but causing me so much stress and want to get on with a normal life I had the offer from a third party and wanted to take them up on the offer.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:34 pm
The chances are that they will refuse again and, by the time it all went through, you would be nearly at the end anyway. Trying again will do you no favours in the eyes of the creditors as they have to pay around £500 in fees everytime, so would not be happy bunnies anyway!
Millruby
by Millruby » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Foggy wrote:
The chances are that they will refuse again and, by the time it all went through, you would be nearly at the end anyway. Trying again will do you no favours in the eyes of the creditors as they have to pay around £500 in fees everytime, so would not be happy bunnies anyway!

Thanks for opinion very welcome I would like a reply from an ip if there is one on here?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:49 pm
Millruby wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Thanks for opinion very welcome I would like a reply from an ip if there is one on here?

Hopefully Lisa will pick up on this during office hours.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:09 am
You might like to ask the IP the reasons the creditors gave for rejecting the variation, but unless you are going to increase the offer there is no point in asking again - you will get the same outcome.

In any event the f&f won't really make too much difference to you as your credit rating will still be damaged for the 6 year term, so aside from the windfall clause and keeping any extra income earned/control over your finances etc you're not really any better off in finishing early.
Millruby
by Millruby » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:28 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
You might like to ask the IP the reasons the creditors gave for rejecting the variation, but unless you are going to increase the offer there is no point in asking again - you will get the same outcome.

In any event the f&f won't really make too much difference to you as your credit rating will still be damaged for the 6 year term, so aside from the windfall clause and keeping any extra income earned/control over your finances etc you're not really any better off in finishing early.

Hi Lisa thanks for reply very much appreciated.
Millruby
by Millruby » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:40 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:

Hi Lisa could you tell me are they duty bound to give me reasons why they rejected offer?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Your IP should tell you why.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:15 am
The creditors aren't bound to, but I see no reason why the IP won't give you any information they have.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”