My full and final offer approved, but amount doesn't seem correct.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:56 pm
I had confirmation that my F and F offer was approved last Friday. However, 2 monthly payments have been made from the time I formally wrote to them until the meeting date. It seems they have only taken 1 month payment off the offer.
I will ring them tonight to point out the timespan and the indifference of payment, but is there any reason why only payment might have been taken off not 2? Here are the chain of events:
06/10/17 wrote my formal settlement letter

27/10/17 received circular of meeting would be on 1/12/17

28/10/17 made my monthly payment.

28/11/17 made my monthly payment

1/12/17 Settlement approved at meeting, but was told only November payment taken off.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:17 pm
I assume you included a clause that interim payments were to be deducted from the date of the offer to the date of acceptance. In which case I agree that two payments should have been deducted. It is a possibility theat the creditors made it a term of acceptance that only one payment would count --- I don't know. Only your IP can say for sure.

Congratulations of the approval though.
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:42 pm
Thanks Foggy.
The mistake was theirs. I called them this evening and it should've been 2 payments. There was no apology though. I just hope I'm not on here next year amongst the others, concerned about having to chase up my completion letter . ..
By the way, are you sent a receipt or a letter of confirmation of payment, particularly for the 3rd party? I know my friend would want to see something, he's very formal like that.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:47 pm
You don't generally get a receipt for a F&F payment, but it will be itemised in the final report. I see no reason why you can't ask for one though.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”