My husband has now left for good

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Olivia.dg

Post by Olivia.dg » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:04 pm
I am extremely stressed out. My husband has now left for good. I think this is for the best but i am left paying for everything. I called my IP and they suggested seeing if i could take on the mortgage on my own or asking to raise some money too buy him out. After an appointment with a mortgage advisor, they laughed at the thought of buying him out and basically told me that i could not get the mortgage on my own whilst in an IVA even though i pay all our mortgage every month. Then i find out that my husband has not bothered going to work and will probably loose his job. I will have to pay everything. Will i be able to split the IVA if my husband has no job and if it is split and he doesnt pay his amount, will it affect me? He has a serious mental health problem. I am extremely stressed with trying to do everything but i would like to keep my house and avoid bankruptcy. Any ideas?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:12 pm
Yes - you would be able to apply to have your IVA separated from his, but ultimately this would be the creditors decision. Can you really afford to make ongoing IVA payments if you are faced with paying all of the bills for the house on top, with no financial contribution from your husband?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”