my iva came with an insurance policy

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
dennis
by dennis » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:13 am
my iva came with an insurance policy to cover payments should i become ill,redundant or death can they legally cancel the policy as they have told me that the creditors have asked for the premiums to be payed to them .
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:57 am
They are entitled to ask that you cancel any insurance they feel is not needed and you are entitled to refuse --- they can then, of course, fail the IVA. Who put this insurance in place ? Did they agree to the premiums at the start ? Who, exactly, is asking for this and do they have a majority vote ?

Does seem odd that this would come out of the blue !
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:59 am
I had one and my premiums were paid with my IVA payments. Read your paperwork thoroughly and also speak with your IVA company to clarify things.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:02 am
Payplan are well known for this (at least they were)
dennis
by dennis » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:58 am
kallis3 wrote:
I had one and my premiums were paid with my IVA payments. Read your paperwork thoroughly and also speak with your IVA company to clarify things.
Foggy wrote:
They are entitled to ask that you cancel any insurance they feel is not needed and you are entitled to refuse --- they can then, of course, fail the IVA. Who put this insurance in place ? Did they agree to the premiums at the start ? Who, exactly, is asking for this and do they have a majority vote ?

Does seem odd that this would come out of the blue !

the insurance was part of my iva agreement which was with cleardebt they have since passed my iva onto Apature who say that they don't do the insurance .. I have not had any new agreements since Apature took over ..it was only when I tried to activate the insurance they firstly said they cancelled it of which was without my knowledge then they have back tracked and said they don't have the facility to offer the insurance I have all this in writing
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”