My IVA has been extended for another year

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
kelly705
by kelly705 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 pm
Ntf

Many thanks

Foggy wrote:
Might I ask which firm you

are with ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Have they explained why --- I gather they are unwilling to negotiate on the payment level -- but have you refused to pay at all (even at their level) ? It seems as though they are being singularly unhelpful. Have you tried chatting with the IP directly ?

The only other avenue you have available would be a formal complaint to them and a complaint to their regulators -- ICEAW .
kelly705
by kelly705 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:11 pm
We asked to pay around £100 less than what they are demanding. Such an awful company..they are very unhelpful. I did write to them raising my concerns but they haven’t replied. I rang today and they told me that they should have responded in 14days....

I’m worried that they will force bankruptcy. The meeting is the 14th Feb

Foggy wrote:
Have they explained why --- I gather they are unwilling to negotiate on the payment level -- but have you refused to pay at all (even at their level) ? It seems as though they are being singularly unhelpful. Have you tried chatting with the IP directly ?

The only other avenue you have available would be a formal complaint to them and a complaint to their regulators -- ICEAW .
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:29 pm
While you are speaking to them about the amount have you been paying ? If so, what amount ? Have you at any time refused to pay what they are asking. It is unreasonable for them to summarily fail the IVA during a negotiation, as long as you haven't missed three payments (unless you have agreed a break). If they are going to petition the creditors demand that a statement, written by you, is attached explaining the full circumstances.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”