My Iva has been sold on three times

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
andrew278
by andrew278 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:23 am
My Iva has been sold on three times. Which means all my personal data has been passed on with out my permission. The last time it was done I refused to deal with the company but was threatened with bankruptcy. So I had no choice. How is this legal.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:42 am
andrew278 wrote:
My Iva has been sold on three times. Which means all my personal data has been passed on with out my permission. The last time it was done I refused to deal with the company but was threatened with bankruptcy. So I had no choice. How is this legal.

Unfortunately the passing of an IVA from one IP to another is catered for in the regulations and, so, is legal. Bit unfortunate that this has happened so many times for you, but there is little (nothing really!) that you can do about it.
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:25 am
You cannot do anything about being sold on (just shows people in an IVA can be a commodity though) BUT:

- if the old company is still trading write in and ask for a copy of any data they hold about you
- do the same for the new company
- ask them to confirm how they process your data under article 6 and 9 of the GDPR

You do need to provide proof of identity but once established they have 1 calendar month in which to respond and there is no charge for a copy of the information.

For anyone dealing with retrospective PPI claims from Cleardebt it might be worth doing the same. They are obviously processing new information and it would be in your interests to find out what they now hold.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”