My IVA is completed, can the IP still claim my PPI?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
thomas253
by thomas253 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:02 am
finished iva 2013 but iva company who dealt with the matter have sent a letter saying any ppi I got after that belongs to them .IS THAT RIGHT
Worried as I have spent the ppi money I got
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:05 am
Sorry, but yes. Any PPI that is outstanding can be claimed by your exIP for distribution to your former creditors.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:10 am
Yes, they are right. PPI is an asset of the IVA, even if paid after the arrangement is finished.
thomas253
by thomas253 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
Sorry, but yes. Any PPI that is outstanding can be claimed by your exIP for distribution to your former creditors.
I
I havent got any of the money left from my ppi claims will they now
put me in a debt management plan??? :(
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:05 pm
Has your exIP specifically asked for the PPI money or was it a trawl type of email in the hope you would fess up? I don't know if it would be in your IP's best interests to chase you for the money or not. I suppose it depends on the total amount and his/her willingness to chase it once they know you have spent it. The other thing is just don't respond to any letters correspondence! Don't know if this would be a good idea though.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:23 pm
I think you need to speak to them - PPI is an asset of your IVA regardless of when you finished.
thomas253
by thomas253 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:48 pm
thomas253 wrote:
MerlinL14 wrote:
I
I havent got any of the money left from my ppi claims will they now
put me in a debt management plan??? :(

HI Merln
just spoke to my former debt management they said dont owe any previous ppi claims to them but with
new court case ruling they can apply for any outstanding ppi claims .
So hopefully anyone who has finished there iva that should be the end of the matter
thomas253
by thomas253 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:52 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
Has your exIP specifically asked for the PPI money or was it a trawl type of email in the hope you would fess up? I don't know if it would be in your IP's best interests to chase you for the money or not. I suppose it depends on the total amount and his/her willingness to chase it once they know you have spent it. The other thing is just don't respond to any letters correspondence! Don't know if this would be a good idea though.

I received an official letter as did one my friends
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”