My iva rejected and my husbands accepted

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
laura836
Posts: 2
by laura836 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:49 am
Our Iva proposal has been rejected for me but accepted for my husband. We have decided that after 4/5 months that a DMP wasn’t right for us and it was time to go down the route of an Iva for fear of constant creditor demands and raising interest in debts.
We are using Freeman Jones and quite frankly their service is terrible, your lucky if anyone actually phones you back after 15 attempts. We had our Creditor meeting yesterday at 1.30pm and still at 5pm no one had called to let us know the outcome! Of course it was near on impossible to ge through to anymore, the usual “I will put you through or they will call you back!” After finally reaching someone, my husband was met with someone who said “oh yeah, we were going to call you but it’s been adjourned because your wife’s debit was rejected.” This was the moment we had been waiting for, to find out if we could really start to see the light and move forward but to this person on the end of the phone, she couldn’t of given a hoot!
So here we are, we have approx £30k of debt and currently in a DMP that really isn’t working for us. It’s too high a month with not enough budget for food/housekeeping, the creditors are constantly phoning/letters and voicemails. The verbal threats of taking us to court are coming in and the interest on the debt is rising. The one creditor that has rejected the proposal is my debt is Admiral Loans, they right out just say no! This is the most of my single debt so what they say goes. I cannot see how the next meeting is going to change anything on Tuesday (we are told we will get a phone call next Wednesday but I’m almost certain come the end of the day no one will bother to call us) our next option is bankruptcy which is a really scary thought but may be our only option, however surely the creditor losses out completely? They would get next to nothing compared to what they would get from agreeing to an Iva.
We really don’t know where to turn, we are really trying to sort this.
User avatar
MerlinL14
Posts: 1411
by MerlinL14 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:41 pm
Can your IVA company proceed with your husbands IVA and then sort out your debts? I know the convenience of having interlocking IVA's but sometimes it just isn't going to work and with your one creditor holding the sway vote it may be that your only option is BR. If you don't have a mortgage or own property this may not be as bad a direction to take as you may think. I hope Freeman Jones gets thing sorted for you.
User avatar
luluj
Forum Expert
Posts: 10178
Contact
by luluj » Sat May 26, 2018 2:29 pm
The key word here us 'suspended' ... not yet a done deal ... let's hope with some communication from your IP to your creditors they can find a common ground that is reasonable for you to accept...they normally adjourn for up to 14 days whilst they try to resolve .... hard but try to stay positive !
User avatar
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Posts: 68
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:08 am
Hi Laura836

I am part of the team here at Freeman Jones. I was disappointed to read your post and am sorry that our service hasn’t met your expectations. I know that one of my colleagues spoke to you earlier in the week, and I hope she was able to offer you some reassurance that we will continue to try to get your IVA accepted. As you know, it is creditors that have the final say on whether an IVA can go ahead, and we can never guarantee that any IVA proposal will be accepted. A single large creditor can also outvote all the other creditors.

The 1:30pm time for your creditor meeting is the deadline for the votes, there is still a fair amount of work for us to do after that time, which is why it can take us a few hours to call you with the result. I am sorry if this wasn’t made clear to you. I am also sorry if you found it hard to get through to the team. According to our records them team was able to answer all calls last Friday, and we have a system in place so if it can't you should be offered a call back.

As you know, we are going to revisit your proposal in the hope that if we improve the return to the creditors we can then get it accepted.


Ian
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73276
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 am
Fingers crossed it all goes ok!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 27 guests