My IVA terminated in 12 months, when will it be removed from credit file?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
amanda319
by amanda319 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:54 am
Hi my IVA has been terminated in less than 12 months as I cancelled this as my debt was for only few thousand pounds so was advised to terminate this I have a now received a letter saying this has been terminated I have sent this to my call credit company and Experian company will they now take this off my report
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:30 am
Even if an iva is ended early it remains on your credit file for 6 years from its agreed date.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 am
As Luluj says the IVA will remain on your credit files for the full 6 years.

Out of interest, how few thousand was the debt and who was your provider ?
amanda319
by amanda319 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:23 pm
Was just over 2900 so was mis sold it and now terminated I am paying the best off myself now so this is why it's terminated, does this mean it will still stay on as I'm trying to get a it off so I can get a mortgage
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:30 pm
amanda319 wrote:
Was just over 2900 so was mis sold it and now terminated I am paying the best off myself now so this is why it's terminated, does this mean it will still stay on as I'm trying to get a it off so I can get a mortgage

It has to stay there unless you can get it anulled in court, which might be an expensive exercise. I am flabbergasted that you were put into an IVA for that sort of money and surprised your creditors accepted it !
Are you sure it was an IVA ?
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”