My IVA was failed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
ramon
by ramon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:19 am
Good afternoon.
Could you pretty please help me and give me some advice. I had IVA since dec. 2014. I have received an email, that my IVA has failed on 26 of October 2017. I wrote to the IVA people to ask how much do I still owe a to whom. They have send to me a list of my 5 creditors and told me, that non of the money I have paid over two years has ben also paid to my creditors..... I am broken... So I do owe 8000 pounds like at the beginning. They also have send a certificate of my IVA failure and they did not recommend bankruptcy. Problem is, that I did get a seasonal job over Christmas abroad. Now I did not speak to anybody about my situation and I am afraid, that they gonna block now my account abroad, where I should get my first wage. Or do they ask for CCJ ? Do I have some time left to put some money together, or I am done? I am not able to get to my mail in UK right now. I have only the email, but my creditors didn't wrote me jet. should I get some info also over the email, or they just will do what suits them? Thank you very much for your time.
Have a lovely day
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 am
Hi Ramon. I am afraid that your original debt will be much larger because the creditors are now able to add back the last two years interest. Sometimes they will come after you for the debt, sometimes they do not. It is up to the creditors. Without access to your mail at home it is impossible for you to know what is happening.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:35 am
Hi,

I don't think they will do anything with your bank account but I agree with Foggy that your debt will now be much greater.

Why did your IVA fail?
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”