My IVA with Freeman Jones

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

wilphilson

Post by wilphilson » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:46 pm
I started an IVA with Harrington Brooks in October 2012. They were taken over last year by Freeman Jones who've been debiting the payments from my account. I was advised the IVA was for 6 years and should have concluded in October 2018 however I'm still making payments.

I've tried contacting Freeman Jones by email but haven't had any response and the form online to get a callback doesn't seem to materialise anything.

Does anyone have any advice and support in what I can do? I don't want to just cancel the DD as I know that'll have repercussions for me, but don't know what else to do.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:31 pm
Bear in mind it has been holidays and they have been closed - keep trying to contact them.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

wilphilson

Post by wilphilson » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:40 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Bear in mind it has been holidays and they have been closed - keep trying to contact them.
thanks for replying kallis3. I understand that replies will be slower, but it was around about the 10th December when I contacted them so would have thought I'd have heard something by now :( Maybe I'm just being unrealistic!

Sally1966

Post by Sally1966 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 pm
I’m the same as you transferred from Harrington brooks finished in June found I had to make more payments they have finished now so waiting to hear what’s next . I find if you call them at 9.00 am if you can they usually answer but E mails I have to send a few before I get a response

Freeman Jones

Industry Expert

Post by Freeman Jones » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:00 am
Hi wilphilson and Sally 1996,

Sorry to hear that you'be both had problems getting through to us. Please drop me an email to ian.williams at FreemanJones.com and I will ask a Relationship Manager to contact both of you. We did have a backlog of completions that we inherited from Harrington Brooks but we have pretty much cleared that now, so we should be able to wrap things up fairly quickly once your IVA has come to an end.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ian
A member of the team at Freeman Jones - www.freemanjones.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:16 am
Hopefully both have been in contact with Freeman Jones now and things are enroute to closure so that 2019 can be the start of something new ...a debt free life !

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

wilphilson

Post by wilphilson » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:36 am
Thanks for everyones input. Ian I appreciate your response. I'll pop you an email shortly.

Thanks

Phil

wilphilson

Post by wilphilson » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:18 am
Freeman Jones wrote:
Hi wilphilson and Sally 1996,

Sorry to hear that you'be both had problems getting through to us. Please drop me an email to ian.williams at FreemanJones.com and I will ask a Relationship Manager to contact both of you. We did have a backlog of completions that we inherited from Harrington Brooks but we have pretty much cleared that now, so we should be able to wrap things up fairly quickly once your IVA has come to an end.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ian
Hi Ian,

I forwarded over the emails I sent to Freeman Jones on Friday. I look forward to hearing back from a relationship manager. Thanks for your help in advance :)

Phil

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:22 pm
Fingers crossed you hear tomorrow.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

wilphilson

Post by wilphilson » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:43 pm
I've received a call from Freeman Jones this morning and he's clarified everything. Good news, I'm at the end of my IVA and have overpaid so will be receiving a nice refund soon along with my letter of completion :D

A massive thank you to everyone who's helped, and to Ian for picking up so quickly and passing onto the team to make contact.

Very impressed, and really happy :)

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:23 pm
wilphilson wrote:
I've received a call from Freeman Jones this morning and he's clarified everything. Good news, I'm at the end of my IVA and have overpaid so will be receiving a nice refund soon along with my letter of completion :D

A massive thank you to everyone who's helped, and to Ian for picking up so quickly and passing onto the team to make contact.

Very impressed, and really happy :)
Great news, Phil. Nice start to 2019 :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:33 pm
Good news - glad you got it sorted.
Bob Marley.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”