my new partner has moved in with me

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

charlie.ws

Post by charlie.ws » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 am
I took out an IVA 2 1/2 years ago. Since then my new partner has moved in with me, he is guarantor on my mortgage, contributes to the mortgage and household bills. He also recently bought me a car. Do i need to disclose this to my IP

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:42 am
Hi Charlie - welcome to the forum - you need to disclose any significant changes to your IP so that they can best assess if any amendments need to be made.

If your partner has moved in then theoretically your cost of living should be cheaper therefore giving your more disposable income to offer the creditors towards your debts.

Keep us posted as to how you get on and best wishes for the new phase in your home life too!

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”