my rent will increase

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

angela.06

Post by angela.06 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:38 pm
hi , I am in rented property at the moment but my employers have decided to close our office and therefore all staff will have to work from home, so i need to set up an office. I only have 2 bedrooms and very small ones at that, one for me and one for my son. I am therefore going to have to find a 3 bedroomed property. I have found a private landlord who is willing to accept me , but my rent will increase to £70 per month more. Do i have to ask for permission from my creditors first before accepting the move? I have also recieved my first child maintainenance payment this month of £303 so this can now also go towards my IVA

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:53 pm
You will need to discuss this with your IP direct to see what can be done. Surely though if your employers are asking you to set up an office at home they should be funding the costs of this. Also be aware that working from home - you may have additional insurance costs and also the council may want to know !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

orange

Post by orange » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:56 pm
i might be thinking wrong but surely payments for child maintainance,is for the children not the iva?.not sure about the rent but someone who knows will be along to answer
completed july 2011

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 pm
Let the IP know about the child maintenance payment and the job situation and see what they say.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”