My rights and next steps

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Fedup2018
by Fedup2018 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:14 pm
Hi All

My ex-husband and I made our last payment on our IVA in September and were told it would take 3-6 months for completion. Upon chasing I have been told that they did not split the money equally and have overpaid one creditor by £9 so can't send the paper work out till that is received back and redistributed. They say they have chased twice (since I last spoke to them) and all they can do now is wait. My ex and I split up nearly 6 years ago and due to the IVA we have not taken my name off the house nor got divorced. We would both like to move on with our lives and my ex would like to attempt to take over the mortgage and deeds of the house into his name which I am more than happy for him to do. This £9 is literally holding my life up and I want to do something about it but I'm not sure what (if anything) I am able to do. Now we have GDPR in place is it worth requesting my file so I can maybe see what's been going on? Any help or advice would be lovely!!!!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:18 pm
Which firm are you with ?

You could make a formal complaint to the IP, which you could then escalate to their regulatory body if no joy. For the sake of £9, seeing as it is their error, they could sacrifice a small part of their fee to redress the balance between creditors.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:57 pm
I agree - seems silly for the sake of £9.
Fedup2018
by Fedup2018 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:01 pm
So they say they now have the £9 but hasn't posted on my file yet. This should have been done today, but if it hasn't they will request some kind of emergency process tomorrow and I should have my paperwork emailed to me by Friday PM. We shall see! x
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:41 pm
Fingers crossed!
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:24 am
It sounds like it is on the way to being sorted. As regards GDPR you have always had access to your data but I'm not sure this is going to help much - it sounds like it will only confirm what you already know and possibly just delay things further. Hopefully you will have it resolved soon and, as you say, you can move in with your lives.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”