My very successful IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Beaubeau

Post by Beaubeau » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:59 pm
Hello just wanted to give everyone an update because i wanted to give hope to people who have been in my situation. My iva started 13.08.2013. We settled the iva with a full and final offer may 2018 because we wanted to get rid of the cloud that was over us.

when the full and final offer was accepted we got the certificate very quickly. I then applied for a credit card to build my credit file and made sure all the defaults where showing with the correct date,there was one particular account that kept on showing as open with a default i wrote to the creditor and they sorted it out it only took a few phone calls.

Anyway today is the anniversary of the iva 6 years today whaooooooo.
and guess what happened when i logged in to my experian credit report this morning ? my credit score had gone up to 999 which is the highest,so basically what i want to get across is you dont have to completely wait for the iva to drop of your report to build up your credit file just by keeping it tidy and using a small amount credit did the trick, your credit file doesn't drop to 0 like some people have said.

p.s I have also had a new mortgage offer in principle this afternoon with a broker.... i know i could possibly go it alone now its 6 years but the service i have had from the broker was so amazing im happy to pay the fee. I could have put 5% dep but im putting in 10% and the rate is 2.45% still in shock never thought this day would come.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:57 pm
Well done on the mortgage --- I think a broker who knows what he is doing is often worth it after an IVA.

I don't want to rain on your parade over the 999 credit score, but that isn't the best ---- they give a 999 score when there is nothing bad about you recorded, but there is a lot of information missing --- you have a clear record, which is unusual in itself. The other agencies will give scores, which are usually fair to good at the start but will improve as you build a history .... and the mortgage will certainly help with that!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:11 pm
Fantastic news!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Beaubeau

Post by Beaubeau » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:49 pm
Ah thanks.
999 was showing the best on Experian but all the others are showing fair which I’m very happy with. I have a mortgage at the moment and a small loan so I think it’s rally helping me to show I can pay back on time etc. I can’t believe this day as come

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:09 pm
So happy for you ! Great post to inspire others!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”