My wife and I are separating. Would my IVA affect her mortgage application ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
paul285
by paul285 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:38 am
My wife and I are seperating. She wants to apply for a mortgage after we split up. Will it affect her application if I have taken out an IVA before she applies? We will be financially uninvolved by then too.

Thanks
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:16 am
Hi Paul,

If your ex isn't included under the IVA then it's something that we should be able to do subject to affordability, etc. If you are still linked financially some Lenders may not look to lend but I'm sure we would be able to find someone that would in that situation.

Regards
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:13 am
If she is not on your current mortgage and you have no joint accounts at all your IVA will have no effect on her application. She might have to check her credit files and disassociate herself by writing to the CRA if they do have you linked. These links tend not to come off automatically when a relationship breaks down.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:29 pm
Without seeing her full details it's almost impossible to say but I suspect the key to this will be what is (or isn't) already showing on her credit file. She can obtain a free copy for life from somewhere like www.noddle.co.uk which is the one I use personally.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”