My wife may have a job offer in the near future

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

steviebluenose

Post by steviebluenose » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:31 pm
I am in an IVA (20 months gone).
The IVA is in my name only.
My wife might have a job offer in the near future.
Will she need to surrender 50% of her pay or is that separate to me, as it is only in my name?
Also if she does have to surrender some, then I guess that we can maybe review the I&E to take into consideration her extra costs (travel, clothing, etc..) ??

Any info gratefully accepted, as ever.... you guys truly are a lifeline to so many of us.

S

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:40 pm
Hi Stevie, nice to see you again.

It may well be that your IP company need to know in case your wife is able to contribute more to the household expenses.

I'd give your IP a ring to see what they say.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:00 pm
Hiya stevie,
My partners salary was classed as household income for the purposes of my IVA, even though the IVA is for me only.
Any overtime, bonuses or windfalls SHE gets need not be handed over to my IVA. I don`t know what would happen if she got a new job with more money though, as my creditors agreed to the terms and figures of my proposal at that time, after all, any wage increase would be her`s surely?
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:33 pm
Your partner's new income will only need to be taken into account for the purpose of sharing bills - which is likely to see your share reducing and thus your disposable income increasing. She ought not to have to pay over any of her surplus to your IVA.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

steviebluenose

Post by steviebluenose » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:48 pm
So would 'sharing bills' include the mortgage or just the utility and other monthly direct debit items?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:04 pm
Yes - it would include all items of expenditure that relate to both of you. Your wife should be contributing to the mortgage payments if she is earning.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”