My worries as IVA approved

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

peter283

Post by peter283 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:42 pm
I've got so many questions. So I'm.going to list them and give some info so I can hopefully get my worried mind eased.
Iva approved today and have the forms to sign.
I've got a pending bailiff visit due. What do I do about this?
Once I've signed I'm tied into this and just unsure about the company Hanover insolvency?
Struggling mentally and physically with home life and just don't want to make another mistake. Unable to phone the company till I get paid on the 14th so I'm just stressed.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 pm
As you have been approved, bailiffs can do nothing and, if they do turn up, don't let them in and make sure all doors and windows are secured.

Hanover have no negative reports on here so I am sure you will be ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

SteveUK

Post by SteveUK » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:46 am
Is the bailiff visit regarding on of the debts included in the IVA.

If so just refer them to the IVA company. (and don't let them in)

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:11 am
As said above, if bailiff turns up do not let them over the threshold and give them details of the IVA. No further discussion is required.
Hanover have a few mentions on here, but nothing bad, as far as I can recall.
Take things gradually until you settle in to IVA life and read your proposal a few times, so you know what your responsibilities are. It is a bit of a learning curve, but you will get there.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:47 am
Advice already given on how to handle bailiffs is spot on.

I wanted to say that support is out their for your own feelings and it's important to talk, speak out about how you are feeling.
There lots of people available to talk to from trained counsellors to mental health first aiders in local businesses and organisations - you are not alone, it's just that you need to identify someone that you can talk to who will support you through the next stage of your journey on life.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

magicsam

Post by magicsam » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:37 am
Is the bailiff visit for council tax arrears and are they included in your IVA? If so I was in the same position as yourself and once my IVA was agreed the local authority recalled the debt from the bailiffs. You could contact your local authority with details of your IVA which may speed up the process.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”