Nearly over!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 pm
Hey everyone!
So we are nearly there! You 'older' posters will remember us starting out back in 2013.
We are close to sorting out our equity release situation and by all
accounts could have it all wrapped up
in the next few months! Last payment due in the summer but have been informes that if equity release is completed and money transferred we dont make all 60 payments (might get that confirmed).
But we have nearly done it! 5 years!
5 years of watching the pennys and the pounds. 5 years of saving for things we want/need. 5 years of making donor getting second hand. 5 years of surviving without credit facilitys. 5 christmases, 15 childrens birthdays (3 kids!!!), endless family events, birthdays, special occasions to budget for. Not to mention school expences!
But we have done it! Weve paid in any PPI found. Weve lost a few ££££ of inheritance and weve had tomtell our kids 'no not today' on more than one occasion, but when when we do say yes its great!
Thank you for all you support and advice. This forum and its experts (professional amd layman) has been invaluble. I wouldnt have made it without you x
If you are just setting out make sure your budget is realsitic from the start. Put down an allowance for EVERYTHING!!! get it right from the start. Take time to get it right. Its a long journey but I am so proud of us for surviving it.
Allywally
by Allywally » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:59 pm
Hasn't the time flown abbiesmum2003, I started my journey same time as you (was Robbieboy then!) and cannot believe five years ago I was ill with worry about what lay ahead. Good luck for your future :D
recovering
by recovering » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:57 am
Congratulations! I have just finished mine 6 years! It has been a weird time! I wish you all the best for the future
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 am
Well done to all of you !

Many parents berate themselves when they can't "give the kids everything", but, as mentioned above, it makes those "Yes Moments" that much more special and, I believe, sets the kids up for a healthier financial future.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 am
Congratulations! :lol: :lol:
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:01 pm
I couldnt agree more foggy!
The kids have grown up knowing we cant have it all and have to save or buy second hand.
They find ways of entertaining themselves without needing to go out places or have fancy toys etc.
We enjoy simple things like the library, the country parks and other simple cheap ways to spend time together.
Its made them realise the value of money and how you have to watch the pennys and live within abudget.
Thank you for all your suport help and advice. This place has been a life saver.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:09 am
Well done - I remember you starting out on your journey and thinking it would never end - be proud of how far you hace come xx
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”