need to get finance on a car

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

joanne.ys

Post by joanne.ys » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:59 pm
I have an Iva that has been going for about 1 year but i need to get finance on a car for getting to and from work. Is there any finance company that would take me on with an iva please

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:06 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Try this company:

http://www.duncton.com/jsp/index.jsp

They come recommended on here.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:45 pm
You will of course need permission from your IP to take on any finance. The APR at dunctons is very high,would it be possible for someone to take finance out for you?

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:54 pm
we have a car with Dunctons and whilst I agree the APR is high, the car enables us to work and creditors to get paid. If we did not pay Dunctons for the car, the creditors would get more money and we'd really struggle with an old car until we were no longer able to work then creditors would get nothing. In effect, the creditors pay for your car - it goes to Dunctons or increases your DI and goes to creditors.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:44 pm
I agree with the others - talk to your IP first and all being well, try Dunctons. We've been with them for almost 2 years and have found the service and the car fab. Yes its a high APR and the upfront fees were a bit of a shocker, but usig Dunctons enabled hubby to keep his job and have peace of mind driving a reliable car.[:)]
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”