negotiate IPA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
  • 1
  • 2
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Singlemumm
Posts: 13
by Singlemumm » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:06 pm
Hi there,


I really need expert opinion.
I am bankrupt from 2nd November.
last week I received IPA £387.
My income is £1620 and I am single with 1 daughter(14y old)
There was no interview,nothing at all.
Just received IPA.
OR has cutted groceries/housekeeping and clothes/footwear/personal care.
There is worth/possible to try decrease IPA?
I have expected ~£200.:/
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24148
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:15 pm
Singlemumm wrote:
Hi there,


I really need expert opinion.
I am bankrupt from 2nd November.
last week I received IPA £387.
My income is £1620 and I am single with 1 daughter(14y old)
There was no interview,nothing at all.
Just received IPA.
OR has cutted groceries/housekeeping and clothes/footwear/personal care.
There is worth/possible to try decrease IPA?
I have expected ~£200.:/


The IPA should be negotiated and agreed -- if you cannot agree the OR or Trustee can apply for an Order of the court for payments. I would ask the OR where he got his figures from. See the link below:

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/ipaipo.asp
Singlemumm
Posts: 13
by Singlemumm » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:19 pm
Last Friday he send me calculation.
My groceries budget can me lower,but I think there can be dentist treatment allowed,emergency funds at least £10,maybe other things?
I have filled ~600 for groceries,has been cutted to337.
Clothes/footwear/personal care breakdown from 160 to 80.
My food expenses is a bit bigger than usuall as for some things I am alergic.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24148
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:33 pm
You need evidence of allergies if that makes your food shopping more expensive -- maybe a letter from your doctor.
Singlemumm
Posts: 13
by Singlemumm » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:50 pm
I could get it maybe from gp,unfortunately I have it many years and it has been diagnosed by my doctor overseas.
Is just gluten free products but they cost bit more.
also I buying a bit more expensive laundry liquids for same reason.
Anything else you see there that I could mention /to add to expenses?
Travel expenses he approved,£120, 2 monthly passes.They are covered our area but in case we have to travel somewhere else,I have to pay extra.could I add some money there?
Emergency funds,christmas/birthday fund?
How about dentist?there is big problem,many tooths to treat,so could I say I need 56.30/month?is nhs band 2.
I am not going to dentist at the moment as I cant spend any money until IPA isnot set up.

thank u all
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24148
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:55 pm
Singlemumm wrote:
I could get it maybe from gp,unfortunately I have it many years and it has been diagnosed by my doctor overseas.
Is just gluten free products but they cost bit more.
also I buying a bit more expensive laundry liquids for same reason.
Anything else you see there that I could mention /to add to expenses?
Travel expenses he approved,£120, 2 monthly passes.They are covered our area but in case we have to travel somewhere else,I have to pay extra.could I add some money there?
Emergency funds,christmas/birthday fund?
How about dentist?there is big problem,many tooths to treat,so could I say I need 56.30/month?is nhs band 2.
I am not going to dentist at the moment as I cant spend any money until IPA isnot set up.

thank u all



You should have some allowance for dentist ( but not as much as you mention) as well as normal prescriptions. You won't be allowed birthday / Christmas funds though. As well as groceries they should allow an amount for clothing and shoes, utilities, phone .... mention anything you spend.
Singlemumm
Posts: 13
by Singlemumm » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 pm
I will try.I have to sent letter to OR to say I am not agree with IPA.I hope there will be discussion not just straight he will go to court to apply IPO.
Problem with evidences for my spending will be there.
I never kept any receipts,I can proof only bills but with it he is fine anyway.
It is by the law I did not have interview?
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24148
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 am
Singlemumm wrote:
I will try.I have to sent letter to OR to say I am not agree with IPA.I hope there will be discussion not just straight he will go to court to apply IPO.
Problem with evidences for my spending will be there.
I never kept any receipts,I can proof only bills but with it he is fine anyway.
It is by the law I did not have interview?



Different ORs operate in different ways, but I would have hoped they do need to discuss these things with you. But, in the end, it is up to the OR and / or the courts.
Singlemumm
Posts: 13
by Singlemumm » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:49 pm
Well I tried to discuss my IPA and OR has reduced it from £387 to £358.
Anyone knows if it can be dispute again?
I see to pay £300 would be affordable:/
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 72036
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:24 pm
You can do prescriptions on a monthly payment which would cover everything you needed.

A lot of gluten free things are not much more expensive than normal from your local supermarket. I'm afraid birthday and Christmas, as Foggy mentions will not be allowed.
Singlemumm
Posts: 13
by Singlemumm » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm
Hi there,


I cannot understand how this works.
I am bankrupt.Coucil tax I paying in equal parts with other tenant,we are sharing the house.
CT is paying by Direct debit from other tenant account and my part I am paying to him.
OR wants that I will pay to him and whats ten?
for whole amount will be responsible other tenant?it does not make sense,because I have to pay to him.so in this case I will pay twice??
Singlemumm
Posts: 13
by Singlemumm » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 pm
We are share all bills in half,these numbers I have provided to OR.
Just today he has informed me my CT payment is included in IPA.
How to deal with it?

Thank u
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24148
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:08 pm
Singlemumm wrote:
We are share all bills in half,these numbers I have provided to OR.
Just today he has informed me my CT payment is included in IPA.
How to deal with it?

Thank u


From the OR technical manual:

"31.7.91A Council tax – potential funds available for IPA/IPO

(inserted July 2014)

Council tax is a contingent liability provable in a bankruptcy, irrespective of whether payments were in arrears at the date of the bankruptcy order (see paragraph 40.53).

Where there is a non-bankrupt joint owner/occupier of the family home they will remain liable for council tax and it will continue to be a household expense. "


So, the othert tenant should pay the council tax and you should be allowed your share (to pay to the tenant) in your allowable expenses. The OR should not include it in your bankruptcy.
Singlemumm
Posts: 13
by Singlemumm » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 pm
Thank you so much,it very helps!
I am going to send an email tomorrow to OR assistant so could I just copy info you posted?
Singlemumm
Posts: 13
by Singlemumm » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:12 pm
I just do not want problems with person we sharing house,there is completely different households,so both tenants resposible for bills to be paid.
Can OR say no to my case?can he change then IPA?
what if council has been informed already?
I just cannot wait all these things will be sorted out.I will pay my IPA and will breath a bit easier.
  • 1
  • 2
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nearlyover123 and 14 guests