Never started my IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
leona
by leona » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:07 am
Help.

I entered into an IVA well I attempted to until the main creditor backed out.

So on file I'm showing as having an IVA BUT I've neverpaid into one as it got rejected. It's ruining my credit rating and I don't know what to do.. Please help
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:49 am
leona wrote:
Help.

So on file I'm showing as having an IVA BUT I've neverpaid into one as it got rejected. It's ruining my credit rating and I don't know what to do.. Please help

If the IVA was rejected at the creditors meeting you were never in an IVA. Ask your IP to sort it out as it was them who reported you as being in one ! Check to see it you are on the Insolvency Register as well.
normanna
by normanna » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:07 am
leona wrote:
Help.

It's your credit history that matters - not a meaningless number from the Credit Reference Agencies. You should have the IVA marker removed if indeed you never started one, however if you were thinking about an IVA your credit history may already be poor so you may need to look at your overall history and how you conduct your finances as well as removing the IVA to show an improvement going forward
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”