New debt emerging

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

samantha697

Post by samantha697 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:22 pm
hi, I entered an IVA a few years ago and after one year came into a large sum of money. I used some of this to settle my IVA.

I now have one of the companies owed saying they were never paid and chasing me for a debt from 2015.

are they allowed to do this?
I've spoken to the IVA company and they have confirmed my IVA is settled but cannot find my paper work for it.

I don't know what to do from here as I've worked hard to build my credit score and now its back in the floor due to them adding this to my credit score late last year.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:42 pm
How long ago was the IVA concluded and when did it start? Your IP is obliged to keep records for 6 years (might be 7) and should make more effort to locate them --- this could be cause for a complaint to their regulatory body.

Did you keep the copies you were given ?

As long as your IVA provider accepts that you were in an IVA with them at the time, they should be able to at least confirm to the creditor that the IVA was in place, in which case this debt would have been captured under the insolvency regulations. The fly in the ointment will be then confirming the IVA was successfully completed. How has your provider confirmed its completion without paperwork ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”