New debts since started IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
MissFae
by MissFae » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:49 am
Since starting my IVA 1 year ago I have split with my partner and been left with 2 different fines and bills that I have not been able to afford to pay, 1 is a parking fine when he has used my car and hid from me and the other 1 is for his phone contract that was in my name and I have had to cancel after 2 months of unpaid monthly bills since we split, and the cancellation of contract fee. They have now been forwarded to debt collecting agencies. What can I/ should I do? Can I add these debts into my existing IVA? I simply cannot afford to pay them in one go. Total £400
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:55 am
Have a word with your IP -- he might agree a payment break to allow you to settle these bills -- the time will be added back on at the end of the IVA.
MissFae
by MissFae » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:41 am
Since starting my IVA I have split with my partner and been left with 2 different fines and bills that I have not been able to afford to pay, 1 is a parking fine when he has used my car and 1 is for a phone contract that was in my name and have had to cancel after 2 months of unpaid monthly bills since split, and cancellation fee. They have now been forwarded to debt collecting agencies. What can I/ should I do? Can I add these debts into my existing IVA? I simply cannot afford to pay them in one go. Total £350.
SteveUK
by SteveUK » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:20 am
The parking "fine" is easy, simply give your ex's details to the parking company (not the debt collectors, they should be ignored) and that is it. Not your problem anymore.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:40 pm
I imagine you would have to prove it wasn't you driving.
SteveUK
by SteveUK » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:58 pm
kallis3 wrote:
I imagine you would have to prove it wasn't you driving.

As long as we are talking about private parking company parasites, which we must be if debt collectors are involved, then no you don't. You just need to inform them. They may squal and wring their hands saying you should have told them before but tough. They can't chase the registered keeper for the money if they know who the driver was.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:05 pm
I think the OP needs to clarify this.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”