New IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Bran76
by Bran76 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:43 am
My IVA was accepted at the beginning of March. I'm on the insolvency register (I've checked) but I haven't received any paperwork yet to confirm it (the only paperwork I've had was my IVA proposal) . I've chased it up with Payplan but have yet to receive anything (should I be receiving written confirmation or is the fact I'm on the register the confirmation)? I am also still receiving letters from my creditors. Is this all normal that it takes some time to sort out? Should I be contacting the creditors to tell them I'm in an IVA? I've found the whole thing so stressful that I feel that the next 5 years are going to be awful. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:44 am
You should have received a copy of your Chairmans report by now.

As to letters, it takes time for the info to filter down - don't worry about it.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue May 01, 2018 8:48 am
As Kallis says -- tyou should have a copy of the Chairman's Report of the meeting, as anything in this that is different to the proposal will rule (creditor modifications etc.). It is also a record of who voted and how.

Yes, it does take a while for things to filter through the various departments at the creditors, you can either bin letters or pass them on to your IP to deal with ( though, I suspect they will just bin them).
Bran76
by Bran76 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:59 am
Thank you for your replies. I wasn't sure if things typically take this long & I was pestering them. While arranging the IVA, Payplan were brilliant & really quick to reply to my queries (of which there were many), but since the Creditor's meeting I feel somewhat abandoned. I'm sure it's because they are really busy & perhaps don't see it as a priority now it's arranged?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue May 01, 2018 11:04 am
Bran76 wrote:
Thank you for your replies. I wasn't sure if things typically take this long & I was pestering them. While arranging the IVA, Payplan were brilliant & really quick to reply to my queries (of which there were many), but since the Creditor's meeting I feel somewhat abandoned. I'm sure it's because they are really busy & perhaps don't see it as a priority now it's arranged?

I am afraid that Payplan are notoriously slow, once they have you signed up and you will need some perseverance during your IVA with them. They are simply under resourced. If, by chance, you find a helpful staff member, keep their email address !!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”