New Job Application

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

wannabedj

Post by wannabedj » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:34 am
Applied for a new job today and 2 of the questions worried me.
Question 1:
Have you been declared bankrupt?
I answered no as I haven't

Question 2:
Have you had any CCJ's in the past?
Again I answered no

But for some unknown reason they decide to run a credit check I'll fail.
If Football was meant to have been played in the air then God would have put Grass in the Sky

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 am
You have answered truthfully.

Does it say they will run a credit check?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

phil732

Post by phil732 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:28 am
I had the same problem last week

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:56 pm
Hopefully with them asking specific questions rather than "Have you ever entered into an arrangement with your creditors" you should be ok.

I might be wrong but don't you have to be informed if someone is running a credit check - its normally in the small print somewhere isn't it?

Either way, hope you get on ok. Keep us posted!
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Charlietill

Post by Charlietill » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:59 pm
What worries me is that my husband works in security and he was going to apply for a new job last week. The question on the form asked "Have you ever been declared bankrupt or insolvent ".
Can't wing it by saying that no he has never been declared bankrupt. I really don't understand why it should be so important whether you have been bankrupt or insolvent. It makes you feel like a criminal, that at the first opportunity you are going to rob them rotten. Surely if the majority of people had a credit check everytime they applied for a job then unemployment figures would soar!
Mim

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:09 pm
I agree - the two shouldn't be linked. It isn't fair - there are only a small handful of specific jobs where this would be relevant.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

wannabedj

Post by wannabedj » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:14 pm
It doesn't say they will. It's only an IT Engineer's job so I was quite suprised to see those questions on the application form
If Football was meant to have been played in the air then God would have put Grass in the Sky

Charlietill

Post by Charlietill » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:22 pm
It makes you wonder if companies actually know the difference between bankrupt and insolvent. If you answer yes to either does that mean that you application is just rejected?. Definitely not fair!
Mim

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:39 pm
When Dave applied for home insurance he was has had anyone in the household been in prison or declared BR, as if it was almost the same thing!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”