New job earning more

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
ketton79
by ketton79 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 am
Hi guys,

Been a while since I posted on here but am getting but worried about something.

My wife and I are both in an I've. She has just accepted a new job. It means she's going from part time to full time and working nights so it fits around my work. This means wages will go up from roughly £800 per month to I'm guessing it will be about £1500 per month. It's going to be hard work because of the hours and child care etc but whatever extra money we can get helps because although I know it's not supposed to be easy in the Iva, it's actually getting harder and harder to the point we've barely been making it through the month.

She currently pays about £80 a month into her iva. I'm obviously expecting this to go up but will it just be 50% of the extra she earns or basically all of it? The other thing is her iva actually finishes this August so not long to go :D mine has an extra 12 months, after she finishes paying hers, will all her extra income then go toward mine as well?

Now I have no issue paying what I owe hence struggling through our Iva for the last 5/6 years what worries me is my wife taking this job and things not actually getting better. I have emailed payplan but heard nothing back for the last week and it's beginning to stress me out.

Sorry for the long winded post
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 am
The worrtying thing about your post is that you are with Payplan ... they tend to do things in their own way and not in the way most others do. Bottom line is that you should only see an increase in payments of 50% of the net increase in income ( I think they still do that the usual way). But, as for when one IVA ends, that is the bug bear --- PP tend to take household income into account, even where there is just one IVA running, meaning the solvent partner is contributing to the repayment of the debt. I am afraid you will need to keep pestering them for an answer --- they are not, themselves, in a good way at the moment, so it might take some perseverance.
ketton79
by ketton79 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 am
Thanks for that. Yeah I kind of get that impression of them TBH. The worrying things is, even when my wife finishes her iva we are actually not going to be any better off and could potentially be worse off. Meaning the long 5 test wait to get through hers is pointless because it's going to go on for another year.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am
I agree that Payplan have gone downhill. I used to be with them and they were good then. Are you registered with Payplan Plus? If so, keep pestering your case worker via there.
ketton79
by ketton79 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 pm
Cheers will do, am just so worried that wife is going to be working double her hours and on nights and we'll be no better off
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”