New Windows

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Dusty56
by Dusty56 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:40 pm
Hi
I have been saying to my mum for a while we could do with new Windows at our house. So to cut a long story short she has said to me yesterday "me and your dad will give u some money for new Windows before winter comes" they have no idea about my iva what will happen if she gives me money? She will know if I don't have the Windows done thanks in advance
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:45 pm
Better you think of a way to get her to pay for the windows herself, rather than transfer any into your account.
Dusty56
by Dusty56 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:03 pm
Foggy wrote:
Better you think of a way to get her to pay for the windows herself, rather than transfer any into your account.

Thanks I have just thought I could get her to pay company her self
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:39 pm
I am sure your IP would understand if you explained the money was only available for new windows.
As foggy suggests the easiest way is get her to pay direct to the company though.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:40 am
Perhaps instead she could use the money to gift you a lump sum in order for you to put forward a F&F offer to end your IVA early?

Definitely worth exploring...
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:04 am
Problem with that is, she doesn't know about the IVA and I can't see the OP being able to get credit for windows.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:51 pm
Of course but this is potentially an opportunity to end the IVA early, take control of the OPs finances again and save up to pay for windows themselves, as they would no longer be having to pay the IVA contributions.

As I said, it's worth exploring but depends on the circumstances and the OPs preference.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”