No completion certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
lisa936
by lisa936 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 pm
Why have I never received a completion certificate even though I was told in August 2017 there were no more payments needed after the 5 years were completed.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:34 pm
Some companies take longer than others - which company were you with?
lisa936
by lisa936 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:39 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Some companies take longer than others - which company were you with?

I was with aperture.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:47 am
Aperture have been in a bit of a mess of late, with recent acquisitions causing enormous backlogs. They were never the fastest to begin with !

I would suggest that you make a formal complaint, in writing, by recorded delivery (keeping copies). This can be escalated to their regulators if no fruitful response.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:55 am
Perhaps they still haven't closed it...

Put your complaint in writing to them to find out what is going on and escalate here if necessary:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
kristian
by kristian » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:17 pm
Give them a call ask them what's going on, we were also told that our IVA was finished last November and told by 3 different operatives that our completion certificate was on its way. After 6 months I rang them again wanting to know why our completion certificate hadn't turned up only to be told our IVA wasn't finished and we had to re-mortgage for equity release (which should have happened 1 year prior at the time of the phone call) but nobody at Aperture contacted us about it or picked up on it at our review.
We might finish ours summertime 2019 depending on what other surprises and general incompetence Aperture throw our way....
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:44 pm
I agree with the previous comments. Have you checked your credit reports and the insolvency register to see if you are still showing (which you should be if the Completion Certificate hasn't been issued).

Regards
lisa936
by lisa936 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:56 am
Thanks everyone. I had checked the insolvency register and was still on there so I contacted them and yesterday I got an email stating it was all finally completed. The certificate is on it’s way to me now but they could not explain why it was not issued before.
Good luck to anyone still working through theirs
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:26 am
Great news.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:05 am
lisa936 wrote:
Thanks everyone. I had checked the insolvency register and was still on there so I contacted them and yesterday I got an email stating it was all finally completed. The certificate is on it’s way to me now but they could not explain why it was not issued before.
Good luck to anyone still working through theirs

Good to hear it is on it's way :-)
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”