Not enough Thank You's

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:04 pm
I have been a member on here since the inception of my IVA and increasingly have been noticing that people pose questions, which get several answers, support and advice. Normally from the forum experts who do an outstanding job policing the threads and posts to stop snarky and impolite answers (I have been guilty of that in the past). However, and to my point, there are increasingly posters who pose a question, get expert and knowledgeable advice but then fail to acknowledge or thank the members who reply. The one thing that is free in life is manners, it means a lot when someone says a simple "thanks". I know the experts thrive on the forum and relish in finding answers to some real obscure questions that have never been asked, so is it too much to ask that they get a little more respect from us? If you can take the time to find this forum on the internet and take several minutes to compile your question, then taking a few more seconds after you have read all the answers to your question then please post "Thank You" can't be too much trouble.
Thank you experts and moderators for all your help and advise. Thank you members for your stories, good and bad. Thank you everyone for the contributions you make to make this forum informative and helpful.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:35 pm
Thank you. Merlin, for your appreciation ... yes I remember some of the sarky.... no .... let's say "edgey" comments from days gone by :shock: :D

To be honest, I do not mind not getting a "Thank you", although they do brighten the day. I would, however, appreciate it if some posters would come back and tell us how they got on with their particular problem --- was the advice useful or even pertinent ? And those we suggest make a formal complaint or go to the regulatory bodies --- did you complain ? How did it turn out ?

It is also useful to see "Thank you's" from posters who have had good service from their IP, bank, insurance broker, mortgage advisor or whoever has helped them navigate IVA affected issues. By the nature of forums such as this we get to see the bad side of the coin ..... it would be nice to see more of the good side, as well as giving the rest of us good tips and useful avenues to explore.

But, at the end of the day, Thank You to all who use the forum, to those who ask questions, as well as to those who respond. That is what keeps us here.
recovering
by recovering » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:16 pm
Would really be interesting to haer how anyone who actually raised an official complaint got on! I suppose it depends on people’s circumstances? As I never told anyone about my IVA I always tell people on here everything whether they want to know or not! I also try to say thanks. it is sad that a lot of really helpful bods have disappeared over the years
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:06 pm
I don'i mind if I have helped someone on their journey I am quite happy.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 pm
Me too Kallis- a thank you is nice but not essential... just knowing my experiences have helped others is enough.
barassic
by barassic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:43 pm
Hats off to all of you !!!! I am still in my IVA ( waiting for cc ) but agree , it would be nice to see what the outcome of advice given here amounts to. I really appreciate all the help and advice given and hope people do share outcomes etc. I will update when my CC arrives if anybody is interested ( 4 months up to now since final payment ) good shout Merlin
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:12 am
Of course we are interested! It's always good to hear when someone gets to the end.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:15 am
barassic wrote:
Hats off to all of you !!!! I am still in my IVA ( waiting for cc ) but agree , it would be nice to see what the outcome of advice given here amounts to. I really appreciate all the help and advice given and hope people do share outcomes etc. I will update when my CC arrives if anybody is interested ( 4 months up to now since final payment ) good shout Merlin

Being able to shout out that you have finished a period of insolvency isn't a 'normal' thing to do and I suspect it would only be to a very small, select few of close friends/family. Having this forum makes it so much easier to cheer about actually finishing, being debt free. No one to judge you just like minded people who have been through it or are still on that journey, hell yes we are interested as we want to congratulate you all.
barassic
by barassic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:11 pm
Apologies. That came across wrong regarding '' if anybody is interested '' I know you ALL are. Should have said if anybody is in the same position of waiting for their own CC.
Waitingforship
by Waitingforship » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:40 pm
Got to agree with the OP here. Manners cost nothing. Let’s face it many of us still walking these hallowed halls do so because we are but a few more payments away from being debt free. One of the things we can easily do, as it costs nothing is to drop a line of thanks in and give an update as to how our individual issue/problem/qyery was resolved. I have received countless sage responses to questions and conundrums I have posted on here and cannot thank those that have answered enough. But not only do I thank those experts who have answered my queries but also those that post their own questions. For every person that has a query probably 10 or more others have wondered or worried about the same thing. Long live this special forum and thanks to ALL that participate. Kinda feeling a bit Gareth Southgatesque now. Thanks Guys and Ladies.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:06 am
I think most posters thank us - some appear once and then disappear into the ether - hopefully our answers have answered their questions.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”