Not signed yet - can I cancel without charge?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
anthony935
Posts: 5
by anthony935 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:34 am
I am awaiting my iva proposal but have changed my mine and have been saved by my family so really don't need it anymore. My question is would I be charged for the setting up of this proposal or am I right in thinking, until I sign anything I'm okay.? Many Thanks in advance for any advice..
User avatar
luluj
Forum Expert
Posts: 10153
Contact
by luluj » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:34 am
Yes you can cancel if you have not yet signed your proposal documents.

Just ring the company and inform them of the change and if it were me I would follow it up in an email too.

No charge should be made at this stage.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26325
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 am
Most companies will not charge for work at this stage -- but ... some do. This will depend upon the terms of engagement you have agreed with them. Which firm have you been using ?
User avatar
anthony935
Posts: 5
by anthony935 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:05 am
luluj wrote:
Yes you can cancel if you have not yet signed your proposal documents.

Just ring the company and inform them of the change and if it were me I would follow it up in an email too.

No charge should be made at this stage.


Thanks for the replies.. I first spoke with resolute financial who then put me on to Freeman Jones, I am expecting the proposal today or tomorrow.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26325
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 am
Freeman Jones probably will not charge. Resolute might.
User avatar
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Posts: 65
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:21 am
Hi anthony935,

I am one of the team here at Freeman Jones. We certainly won't charge if you decide not to go ahead. We understand circumstances change, and if your family are able to step in and help then that's great.

Please do give us a call or drop us an email as soon as possible to let us know.

Thank you,



Ian
User avatar
anthony935
Posts: 5
by anthony935 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:21 pm
Foggy wrote:
Freeman Jones probably will not charge. Resolute might.


Thanks for your advice..you truly are an expert. I have now spoken to Freeman Jones and there is no charge.
User avatar
anthony935
Posts: 5
by anthony935 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:25 pm
Freeman Jones wrote:
Hi anthony935,

I am one of the team here at Freeman Jones. We certainly won't charge if you decide not to go ahead. We understand circumstances change, and if your family are able to step in and help then that's great.

Please do give us a call or drop us an email as soon as possible to let us know.

Thank you,



Ian


Thank you Ian, I have spoken to you guys.. actually Ed and he has confirmed no charge.. Can I just add that I found your company to be very helpful and professional throughout the whole ordeal. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you to anyone in the same situation. Thanks again..
User avatar
anthony935
Posts: 5
by anthony935 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:26 pm
luluj wrote:
Yes you can cancel if you have not yet signed your proposal documents.

Just ring the company and inform them of the change and if it were me I would follow it up in an email too.

No charge should be made at this stage.


Thanks for your advice..
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests