Notifying Credit ref agencies of completion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
anbe
by anbe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:38 pm
Hi
I have just received my certificate of completion following f&f settlement with Payplan (and the weight off my shoulders is immense!!! :D :D ). The covering letter says it is not their responsibility to notify credit reference agencies of the completion and I may wish to contact them directly advising them.

Does anyone know how I do this? And how many Agencies are there?

I would like to do what I can to tidy up my credit though understand the IVA will still show until the 6 years is up.

Thanks in advance
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:42 pm
Hi Anbe,

There are 3 main ones and it's best to register with all 3 initially to check that all the defaults, etc are dated correctly on each and also provide them with copies of the Completion Certificate. The 3 are Experian, Equifax (free copy available from Clearscore) and Callcredit/Noddle.

Regards
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 pm
In the majority of cases you need do nothing. Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

and my recent blog entries. The IP has to send a copy of the final papers to the Insolvency Service who, in turn, report to the CRA's. It is however worth checking on, first, the Insolvency Register .... you will be removed within three months, but, in the meantime, check that you are marked as "completed" (so you know they have got the message). Then, in a few weeks, register with Clearscore and Noddle and check your files to, again see that the IVA has been marked as completed --you can also check the default dates.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”