on failed iva / bankrupty

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
nigel103
by nigel103 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:29 pm
i had a iva back in 2010 ,the iva failed ,i went bankrupt in 2013 i got to keep my house , mortgage after the bankrupt was complete i was discharged and they handed back
the house , in 2016 i wanted to sell the house but i found the was still a restriction left on the property from the iva ,the only way i could sell the house was to hand the proceeds
over to beesleys as they said i still owed the money ,but all my creditors were included in my bankruptcy ,were they correct to take the money ,
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 am
I would have thought that the OR in bankruptcy, having dealt with equity as he saw fit, would have over-ridden the IVA Trust. However, I would suggest a word with a solicitor experienced in insolvency law. I believe Lisa has the number of a tame one.

Her details are here: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31774
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:07 am
nigel103
by nigel103 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:58 am
iam looking for legal advice if any one can help
nigel103
by nigel103 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:12 am
i am looking for legal advice

i had a iva which failed , i went down the road of bankruptcy , i got to keep my mortgage /house ,after the bankruptcy i was handed back the house , i went to sell it back 2016
while i was trying to sell it i found i there was still a restriction left on from my iva , the only way i could sell it was to hand over the proceeds to beesleys then they would remove the
restriction from the property so the sale would go through , are they correct ,all my creditors were included in my bankruptcy so who would benefit from the trust ,
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:14 am
If you check Foggys previous post, he has given you contact details for Lisa - she can usually put you in contact with a solicitor.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”