One for the ladies

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

lizwalker

Post by lizwalker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 am
I thought I would just let you girls know that I recently purchased 2 new dresses from www.boohoo.co.uk for £8 each!! Bargain!! I found 1 for christmas parties and another for the rare occasion that I actually go out (which like most of you is about twice a year!!) They were in the clearance part of the website and while they are not the most "expensive looking" type of clothing, they are decent enough and teamed up with accessories etc you can have a new frock and not feel guilty about treating yourself!!

There is a delivery charge but i trawled the voucher sites (god i love them) and found a free delivery code so 2 new dresses for £16 and they were here in 2 days!

I have said that this is one for the ladies but for all the men out there take note as you could be able to treat you other half too!!!

Let me know how you got on and if you found anything!! xxxx

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:41 am
If I bought Mrs Size 2 dresses, then either a) she would hate them on sight or b) assume that I had done something wrong and I would have the Spanish Inquisition for a week. Probably both thinking about it....

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:43 am
I've bookmarked that for my daughter too as she's looking for an outfit for somewhere she's going and hasn't a clue where to look or what to wear so any ideas are always welcome and that may give her another option. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lizwalker

Post by lizwalker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:53 am
Oh no Size 5!!! Surely Mrs size5 would like a surprise once in a while??? My partner has been great to me recently!! My GHD's broke and thought I would have to wait 5 years until I would be able to replace them and without hinting or asking he came home with a new pair for me!!

Hope you daughter finds something on there Lesley!! At least this year I will have something new to wear!! The last 2 years have been either borrowed or reworn! (and by reworn I mean worn to death!!)

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:00 am
She loves clothes and does work so she'll buy it, she's going to Clubland Live at the end of October, she won't wear clubwear she'll glam it up, she always does x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:04 am
size5 wrote:

If I bought Mrs Size 2 dresses, then either a) she would hate them on sight or b) assume that I had done something wrong and I would have the Spanish Inquisition for a week. Probably both thinking about it....

Regards.
Haha I agree Size5, we can never win can we!!! [:)]
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:21 am
No way would I let my husband buy clothes for me sight unseen! I do ask his opinion though if we're out together - and then usually disregard it!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:23 am
I've jsut had a look on here but they don't do bigger sizes. I can't find anything higher than a 16. It really bugs me that companies think larger sized ladies don't want the same fashion.

I have been looking for a pair of black trousers, little bit of stretch in a larger size for about 6 months now. So far I've got the choice of spending £20+ or the cheap matalan ribbed ones...which I've got one pair of but want something different.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 am
Try Ebay - I bought loads of trousers and tops from there when I was a larger lady. You can usually pick up some bargains from Ann Harvey who are normally really expensive.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

lizwalker

Post by lizwalker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:10 pm
Hi leaKybrain.. have you tried New Look? I know they go up to larger sizes as I go there with my mum for her trousers. They do a wide range of cheap £7- £8 or more taylored ones £25+. I bought some from Tesco recently but their sizes are all over the place. I am usually a 12 or 14 but I have to get the 16!! I remember the days of being size 6/8!!!

Hope you find some!!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:16 pm
I find sizing in all stores is all over the place. I've got a pair of trousers from Tesco and decided to get another pair - the old ones are loose and the new ones are tight! I've kept them as I know I'll be able to wear them soon, but it's a pain.

I've got clothes in my wardrobe from a 12 to an 18 and they all fit.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:20 pm
I actually find Tesco sizes ok and New Look are not good.

I'm an 8-10 now and I recently bought a dress from New Look and had to have a 14! I bought some reduced jeggings in Tesco last week and they are an 8 and almost too big!
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:24 pm
I think Tesco's clothing has gone downhill recently. The prices have gone up but there seems to be less choice. I've found stuff in Next that has been cheaper than Tesco! I always look in there, but find the only thing I buy is work trousers.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:17 pm
I don't have a Next close by. Tesco have a lovely suit for about £35 at the moment. I don't wear a suit very often but the one I have is now too big. Might have to get it on payday.
Bob Marley.

lucyf

Post by lucyf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:30 am
Advertising not allowed so removed link to website - moderator.
Last edited by lucyf on Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”