Opinion on best IVA company

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Karenj2610
by Karenj2610 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:40 pm
Just a quick one where can I look to review IVA companies I am contemplating an IVA and am looking for an efficient effective responsive and helpful company. Not sure if all these requirements are attainable. Further I am currently married (embarking on separation) and my first contact is asking for husband to be involved his earning ect however we are totally separate the mortgage is mine sole name. My debts are all mine. We have nothing jointly. Except are dogs. Which would stay with me due to husband going into rented property and no pets allowed. Surely being married is not a criteria to an IVA ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:54 pm
If he is still living with you (albeit platonically) at the time you enter into the IVA he will be deemed as being responsible for his share of household expenses, so need to know his salary to work out the fair proportion. He can refuse, in which case they would assume a 50 / 50 split. A small / medium company would, however, be able to cater for this in the proposal, whereas the larger "IVA factories" probably will not.

As an "Expert" I am not allowed to directly recommend firms, but a look around the forum will throw up the general "likes and dislikes". Hopefully, users will comment on their own preferences ( which they are allowed to do).
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm
Foggy gives good advice - there are good companies out there - speak to several before making up your mind.
Karenj2610
by Karenj2610 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:14 pm
Foggy wrote:
If he is still living with you (albeit platonically) at the time you enter into the IVA he will be deemed as being responsible for his share of household expenses, so need to know his salary to work out the fair proportion. He can refuse, in which case they would assume a 50 / 50 split. A small / medium company would, however, be able to cater for this in the proposal, whereas the larger "IVA factories" probably will not.

As an "Expert" I am not allowed to directly recommend firms, but a look around the forum will throw up the general "likes and dislikes". Hopefully, users will comment on their own preferences ( which they are allowed to do).

Thank you however if he does not pay anything......how can I give financial details especially when the relationship is abusive. I think I best ask him to move out then embark on IVA or DMP the assumption he contributes is slightly one sided. Maybe IVA is not for me. Thank you so much for the help. I will have a look around and see how various companies stack up. Best to know if my situation before I get deeper into this. :P
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:26 pm
Karenj2610 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Thank you however if he does not pay anything......how can I give financial details especially when the relationship is abusive. I think I best ask him to move out then embark on IVA or DMP the assumption he contributes is slightly one sided. Maybe IVA is not for me. Thank you so much for the help. I will have a look around and see how various companies stack up. Best to know if my situation before I get deeper into this. :P

The assumption is taken in, let's say "standard" situations and this is where a more attentive firm will be better --- especially in an abusive scenario. Always good, in any case, to research and compare.
Keith White
Industry Expert
by Keith White » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:27 pm
Hi - agree with the others - definitely worth chatting to several companies to compare. If the relationship is over and he is soon to move out then certainly an IVA/DMP could be considered with just your income/outgoings etc.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”