Outstanding credit card debt in UK, I am in Australia

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Posts: 1
by tracy504 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:33 am
I am in Australia, not going to return to UK, but I have outstanding credit card debt in UK that I can't pay, what are my options?
User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 27722
by Foggy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:39 am
If you were mainly UK based when you incurred the debt and you left for Australia recently (within the last 6 months I believe) you could try an IVA, if that was the best route for you in regard to all of your circumstances. Other than that, and the less "red taped" plan would be to arrange a debt management plan -- again, depending on the circumstances, you can either do this yourself, or get a firm to do it for you. Payplan do these without charges (they get paid by the creditors) other firms will charge a fee.

Much will depend on the amount of debt, the number of creditors and your available funds.

A formal debt solution like an IVA or bankruptcy could have an effect on your residency status in Australia if you are there on a visa, so this should be checked first.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests