Overtime being added to my net pay?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
nadia499
Posts: 11
by nadia499 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 pm
Hi,
This is my second year paying into IVA. Currently I pay 190 a month and whatever over time I do I ring them up and pay 50% of it every month . I just got a phone call today by an IVA consultant that they are going to add my overtime to y normal monthly pay to calculate my net pay or something . He said it shouldn't affect me and everything should remain the same but then why is he doing it although I religiously pay any over time I earn . What is this about adding over time to my net pay . I am so confused why are they doing this .. can I please have some help and advise
Regards
Nadia 499
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27351
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:51 pm
Do not agree to this .... this will mean that your IVA payment will increase, even in the months that you don't earn any overtime !
User avatar
MerlinL14
Posts: 1493
by MerlinL14 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:17 pm
I agree with Foggy, do not consent to this amendment, all it means is that they will then calculate all your OT at 100% of income not the 50% originally agreed in your initial proposal.
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73747
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:21 pm
I also agree - do not agree with anything.
User avatar
nadia499
Posts: 11
by nadia499 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:14 pm
Foggy wrote:
Do not agree to this .... this will mean that your IVA payment will increase, even in the months that you don't earn any overtime !


Hi ,
I haven't agreed to anything as yet but the advisor said he was doing my income and expenditure list which he said its his job to do that . He also said he will send me a list of my income and expenditure and if I am not happy with anything I should let him know. But he said I am doing the right thing by paying any overtime into the IVA and should carry on doing so.. but regarding the other issue I haven't actually made any sort of agreeemnt. Just wanted to ask a quick question if they increase my monthly payments what do I do in that case what questions should I ask .. :roll:
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27351
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:30 pm
nadia499 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Do not agree to this .... this will mean that your IVA payment will increase, even in the months that you don't earn any overtime !


Hi ,
I haven't agreed to anything as yet but the advisor said he was doing my income and expenditure list which he said its his job to do that . He also said he will send me a list of my income and expenditure and if I am not happy with anything I should let him know. But he said I am doing the right thing by paying any overtime into the IVA and should carry on doing so.. but regarding the other issue I haven't actually made any sort of agreeemnt. Just wanted to ask a quick question if they increase my monthly payments what do I do in that case what questions should I ask .. :roll:


Only agree to your income being recorded as your basic pay. I see that you have been paying 50% of overtime --- check your proposal --- does it say 50% or does it mention anything over 10% ? Most people get to keep an amount equal to 10% of basic income, THEN pay 50% of what is over.
User avatar
nadia499
Posts: 11
by nadia499 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:43 pm
Foggy wrote:
nadia499 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Do not agree to this .... this will mean that your IVA payment will increase, even in the months that you don't earn any overtime !


Hi ,
I haven't agreed to anything as yet but the advisor said he was doing my income and expenditure list which he said its his job to do that . He also said he will send me a list of my income and expenditure and if I am not happy with anything I should let him know. But he said I am doing the right thing by paying any overtime into the IVA and should carry on doing so.. but regarding the other issue I haven't actually made any sort of agreeemnt. Just wanted to ask a quick question if they increase my monthly payments what do I do in that case what questions should I ask .. :roll:


Only agree to your income being recorded as your basic pay. I see that you have been paying 50% of overtime --- check your proposal --- does it say 50% or does it mention anything over 10% ? Most people get to keep an amount equal to 10% of basic income, THEN pay 50% of what is over.


Hi
Yes if my over time plus my basic wage goes above 10% then I give them 50% of it which I have been doing every month .
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests