Owed money by someone in an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1


User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by marian » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 pm
How do I claim money owed to me by someone who is protected by an IVA?


User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 28939
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:54 pm
You will need to lodge a claim with their IP (details can be found by searching the person who owes you on the Insolvency Register at: https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/ ).

If the claim is accepted you will only get back pence in the pound. Depending on the amounts involved, if they have hidden the debt to you from their IP / creditors, the IVA might be in jeopardy if failure.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

User avatar
Industry Expert
Posts: 7397
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 am
They should have disclosed you as a creditor in their IVA proposals and you should have been written to by the IVA firm to lodge a claim.

Assuming you are an unsecured creditor, the only way for you to get any money back is via a dividend in the IVA.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”