Parking ticket

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

JustPlainStupid

Post by JustPlainStupid » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:21 pm
I received a letter from a solicitor demanding £150 for a parking ticket and threatening to take me to court. The date of the ticket was November 2016 - THREE YEARS ago.

I don't remember getting a ticket and I've had no communication in the intervening time.

I told them it was not really good enough and said that if this was genuine then I'd furnish them with the details of my insolvency practitioner as I'm in an IVA and don't have the disposable income for amounts like this out of the blue.

Does anyone know what might happen? They can take me to court for all I care. It's not like it's going to damage my credit score! But I'm wondering if they would just add it to my tab. I could probably pay it but it's the principle... 3 years?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:04 am
Is it a proper ticket or one for a private company? If it's the latter I don't think they can enforce it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:28 am
As Kallis says, if it is, for instance, for an overstay in Tesco, it is not enforceable anyway.If, however it is for parking in the wrong place on the Highway it is --- however, I imagine it would have been issued much nearer the time.

Many private parking firms do issue tickets at random, just in the hope that someone will pay up .... basically a "legalised" scam !

Ask them what proof they will be presenting to the court !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”