Payday blues...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
27 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 15, 2010 8:46 pm
Well done ant!

I think we all have our comfort zones don't we? Even pre IVA I had stopped going anywhere as it seemed to be how many people could get drunk, and how quickly! Not my idea of fun although I do like a drink.

Considering that where I used to work, I organised all the office do's for a good few years!

Even on holiday I try to find the quietest place going.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat May 15, 2010 8:59 pm
With hubby's job we're always expected to go to staff do's about 4 times a year. At least one being a "posh do". It comes with his job, I accept it.

My job has also called for "social gatherings" and its just something we've done.

On both counts, always made sure it was the company footing the bill! However, they wouldn't pay for my outfits [:D]

Hubby and I prefer to stay at home, but accept there are times when we have to be sociable.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:04 pm
I'm grateful that ours are purely social and we're not expected to go. Since being where I work now, I've been to an engagement do and a wedding, both shortly after I started there.

We have gone out for lunch at Christmas and I have done that - mainly because it's in the firms time and we're back at work afterwards! Otherwise I don't go and they don't expect it now.

When I retire though, I will hold a big bash!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat May 15, 2010 9:09 pm
We never go to weddings etc..only official company do's and they are enough.

My work do's were far more relaxed than hubby's and normaly involved a golfing day/races etc.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat May 15, 2010 9:14 pm
I always try and get out of work do's if I can. We didn't have a Christmas party last year as the company was struggling, but I'll have to start thinking of excuses soon!

I avoid weddings and christenings if I can as well!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:29 pm
I have had to do the weddings and christenings, but other than our daughter (at some point in the future) we have none of those in the offing!

You can always say you are coming to mine Skip!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat May 15, 2010 9:30 pm
We've been invited to a wedding in July and I've never met the guy! We're supposed to be going all day but I did draw the line at that and tell hubby it's evening do only which he agreed with. Daughter and b/f coming along too so i'll be ok I think. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:50 pm
There's nothing worse than going to a do where you don't know anyone!

I remember my stepson's wedding - he was absolutely bladdered and ended up being walked round the grounds of the hotel until he was sick and his dad raving at him - even he said that he had not heard his father speak to him like that before!

When it came to the evening do, the disco was that loud you couldn't hear yourself think and when the food came out, the brides family scoffed the lot! I sat there like a lemon waiting for hubby and stepdaugter to reappear.

Worst wedding I have ever been to!
Bob Marley.

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:53 pm
I like many other had to refuse to do work do's as I could afford it now I don't get asked[:(] However I don't really miss it like some others I getting quiet anti-social in my old age. For the last few years I haven't the Christmas do's at work last year it was at a lovely castle near to where I live at £70 + drinks that was at least 4 Christmas presents!!

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:04 pm
Blimey! I wouldn't pay that even if I could afford it!

My works do is always just a curry or chinese and a local pub afterwards if you want it. Problem is that it's a decent car drive away for me if I go so I either can't drink or hubby has to take me and fetch me back.

Plus, now I can only eat small portions, it's not worth my while going out for a meal these days.
Bob Marley.

Post by 31101932 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:18 pm
This morning I found an excuse for not going out: -

"I am descaling the kettle."

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:20 pm
Now that is a bit pathetic![:D]
Bob Marley.
27 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”