payments from my employer to cover training costs.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

retrace

Post by retrace » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:24 am
I have received payments from my employer to cover training costs. The payments have been recorded on my pay slip as bonus. I understand that I must pay 50% of bonuses etc to my creditors, but these payments are for professional training (safety) to keep up competence.
Can my creditors demand 50% of these payments if they are for training? How soon would I have to undertake the training after receiving the payments?
All responses will be gratefully received.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:24 pm
Can you get your payroll department to confirm this to you in writing - and you can then send this to your IP for their information. A short e-mail should do the trick.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

retrace

Post by retrace » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:23 am
Hi. Many Thanks for the advice. [:)]

I had a discussion with my MD regarding his views on employees with IVA. His view is that he would have to question the integrity? of an employee on a good salary being in an IVA / not the sort of person that the company would want to employ!( I have been with the company for two years and on an IVA since March 2009).

I decided to keep quiet about my siuation at this stage, but have asked payroll to put a couple of lines onto headed paper.

Will I need to provide evidence of the training at my annual IVA review?

Cheers
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”