Payplan Case Officers in Abundance

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
26 posts Page 2 of 2

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:13 pm
I don't often phone Payplan ( last time was my latest annual review but as the regular posters on here know that was another long story[;)]) but I do regularly check on JustABank to see that everything is going along ok with my IVA, that Payplan have received payments etc.

I have never received notification from Payplan with regards to a change of case officer and my only real notification is when I log into JustABank and my case officer has changed which happened to me this morning.

Don't get me wrong, Payplan have been great for me and up to now my IVA is continuing successfully with no major hiccups but the amount of case officers I've had is as plasticdaft says....excessive.

Would I recommend them now ?....Hmmm what with the constant change of case officers, the mess up with my recent annual review, the office closing hrs ( 2wks at xmas and weekends etc ), the 'by the book' stance at times instead of common sense and the offers they are trying to push such as cheaper car/house insurance etc .....I'm unsure that I would to be honest.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:20 pm
We've had the same case officer for some time now and never had a problem if we needed to speak to them.

I do agree that two weeks with the office closed at Christmas was bad, and I presume they will do the same again this year. No problem with weekends as I know I can get hold of them on a Monday.

As regards insurance, they have only ever tried it with car insurance and couldn't match it and haven't bothered me since.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:22 pm
I had the same case officer for the first 18 months then they've changed 6 times since then.

The weekend closure to me is a pain as if anything is gonna happen....it always arrives on a Sat in the post ( funny how that happens ) and then I spend the rest of the weekend worrying till Monday.

As for the cheaper car/house insurance, I too obtained cheaper quotes elsewhere but the fact that they are doing this anyway puts me off as they are obviously getting a commission for pushing these products.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:26 pm
I agree it is a pain to have to wait until Monday but it doesn't bother me too much.

I have only ever had them suggest car insurance to me and I knew they couldn't beat my current one.

Let them get on with it - you're not obliged to use the companies they suggest.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:31 pm
Its just a pity that they feel the need to promote cheap insurance when its fairly obvious that much cheaper quotes can be obtained by using any of the comparison websites.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:39 pm
Even comparison sites can't beat mine!

I'll speak to anyone though!
Bob Marley.

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 pm
Same here...but unfortunately some peeps struggle with the internet and will accept the first offer they get, I know a couple of people in work that just renew their car insurance without looking around.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:52 pm
Even though I know that mine can't be beaten, I still look around!
Bob Marley.

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:58 pm
I feel that its our duty as a consumer to always look around [;)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:01 pm
Each to his own I suppose. It's personal choice.
Bob Marley.

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:44 pm
I Agree...
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”