Foggy wrote:I assume the equity question has been dealt with, so it will be a case of holding out until you complete the IVA ( for safety's sake) . I have seen at least one other poster in similar circumstances get the lender to agree an extension for a few months.
The equity is being dealt with at the moment. I have already approached the lender requesting an extension and they have declined me as they want to know why I can't access my pension until next year. I would like to explain o them about the IVA but they are one of my creditors. Any thoughts?
kallis3 wrote:Your IP would have informed them when you started your IVA so they will be aware of it.
I assume you mean my mortgage lender would be aware of my IVA? If that is the case can I sort my mortgage out now or wait until I have my IVA completion certificate and attempt to get an extension on the mortgage?
Foggy wrote:It's a "rock and a hard place" dilemma. If you draw down the pension whilst in the IVA there is a possibility that the money could be snatched to pay the debts, rather than the mortgage. Was this situation thought about when you started the IVA and, if so, what was decided ?
No it was not thought about
Who is onlineUsers browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests
Ask the IVA Experts a QuestionSimply complete form and you will get an answer from our IVA Experts (multiple replies within an hour *)
* Any use of this forum is conditional on you having read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
* If you enter your phone number, IVA.com Group Limited will give you a courtesy call to ensure that your question has been answered.
* The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location