phone lines

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 pm
Recently had 2 companies offering us cheaper phone lines and calls . Both from companies we use for other services. One being mobile and the other utility. Following initial agreement we have found to fail a credit check!!!! Very embarassing. Cant believe they search for a land line. When we've never had any credit porblems with either companies before, and yet other forum members on here have actually been offered further credit. Surely there needs to be a balance somewhere.
Steven & Debbie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:51 pm
How strange! We are just in the process of changing from BT to Sky for phone and broadband. We already have TV and had no problems changing at all. They normally just check your account with them and as long as it is running ok they're happy.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:01 pm
I changed from Virgin to Sky last year for my broadband and telephone, it does seem strange but I guess all company have their own criteria. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:06 am
These were o2 and atlantic. Both companies that we've been with for a good few years with no problems at all. Oh well we'll just stick with BT. Only trying to save a few pounds too
Steven & Debbie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:22 pm
I'm surprised as I'm with both of those. Atlantic even phoned me up a couple of weeks ago to see if I wanted to change my phone.

I've taken out a new contract with O2 as well since being in the IVA with no problem.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm
You're lucky Helen, they didn't offer us anything! I wouldn't have stayed with them anyway as their service (and customer service) is appalling - they couldn't even connect us properly when we moved.

We're with Sky now and they are much better - and cheaper.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”