Poor managing of IVA completion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
CGP
by CGP » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:02 pm
I completed my IVA in Jun 2013. I was told at time of completion this would remain on my credit file for 5 years. I have been monitoring my credit report since Jun 18 waiting for this to change and it hasn't. I have since found out that an IVA will remain on your credit report for 6 years from start date. It is still on my report as incomplete and i am still on the insolvency register. I have received my completion certificate which in itself wasn't actioned until Oct 14. I have contacted a financial advisor, the insolvency service, Aperture and Experian who are all working in to getting this rectified for me but i appreciate takes time. Am i entitled to any form of compensation for their poor managing of my completion? The financial impact this has had on me un-necessarily has life changing. Not the IVA itself but the 5 years i have been "blacklisted" (for want of a better term) when i should not have been. Your help is much appreciated.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:20 pm
First you would have to ascertain where the fault lay -- did Aperture pass the details of the completion to the Insolvency Service (if not then they are at fault)? Or did the Insolvency Service not action the notice when it was sent to them (in which case the fault lies with them) ? To claim compensation you would have to prove a loss and this would need to be done through the courts.
CGP
by CGP » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 pm
Foggy wrote:
First you would have to ascertain where the fault lay -- did Aperture pass the details of the completion to the Insolvency Service (if not then they are at fault)? Or did the Insolvency Service not action the notice when it was sent to them (in which case the fault lies with them) ? To claim compensation you would have to prove a loss and this would need to be done through the courts.

Apatutre have said the Insolvany Service were not notified. It was Monday Debt and Credit when I started then changed to Grant Thornton. I believe Aperture still fall under Grant Thornton.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:34 pm
CGP wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Apatutre have said the Insolvany Service were not notified. It was Monday Debt and Credit when I started then changed to Grant Thornton. I believe Aperture still fall under Grant Thornton.

Aperture are basically the IVA arm of GT rebranded. You would have to check with Companies House about the legal relationship between the two.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:50 pm
Coming off the Register might not make much difference to you if you have until June 2019 before you can tidy up your records.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:48 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Coming off the Register might not make much difference to you if you have until June 2019 before you can tidy up your records.

Lisa -- the IVA was completed in 2013.

CGP -- when did it start, out of interest ?
CGP
by CGP » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:30 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:

Hi Lisa, What do you mean by June 2019 to tidy up my records? I think I’ve heard conflicting information. I understood your IVA was 6 years from start date (June 2008). By referring to June 2019, does that mean it’s 6 years from date of final payment? (June 2013). Many thanks.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:47 pm
CGP wrote:
Lisa Thomas wrote:

Hi Lisa, What do you mean by June 2019 to tidy up my records? I think I’ve heard conflicting information. I understood your IVA was 6 years from start date (June 2008). By referring to June 2019, does that mean it’s 6 years from date of final payment? (June 2013). Many thanks.

It is 6 years from the start date (on the assumption it has completed by then) -- so your credit record should have cleared by June 2014
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:27 am
Apologies I thought your IVA started in 2013.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”