Possible Pay rise 4 months to go

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
louise492
by louise492 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 pm
Hi all we are due to end our IVA at the begining of March.

I have the opportunity to now start working full time as my youngest has just started school & a full time position has become available in my current job. I would receive the increase in wages from 20th Nov.

How would it work? I know I have to notify my IP but would my payments go up in Nov or would I owe extra at the end?

Thank you in advance
Louise
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:54 pm
You need to let your IP know but hopefully it will be ok.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:02 pm
Assuming you have the usual clauses (and all will be revealed with a good read of your paperwork) a permanent pay rise is not taken into account until the annual review follwing the rise and any increase added to the regular payments following the review. All of the extra money between getting the increase and the review is yours. You do need to inform the IP when you get the increase though, or he / she will think the extra is overtime and will take around half right away.

I have to say that some proposals have this clause omitted and some IP's have, in the past, tried to ignore it when it was there -- but have backed down when it has been pointed out. So, do check your own paperwork.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:06 pm
Worst case scenario is that you may have to pay some extra/increased contributions from November to March.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”