possible to make one offer for 2 separate IVAs?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

sheilathecat

Post by sheilathecat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:47 pm
Hello me and my husband are both in IVAs. They were done as seperate agreements. I have been fortunate enough to have had an offer of £11,000 from a 3rd party to make a final settlement offer. Combined we owe another £15,000 at £368 a month with 41 months from the original 60 remaining. How likely would this offer to be accepted? And as we have individual IVA's would it be possible to make one offer or would it need to be done seperatley? Thankyou for any advice.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:55 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

There is no reason why you can't make a full and final offer on yours as far as I know.

Hopefully one of the experts can help with this one.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

L-E-E

Post by L-E-E » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:58 am
Hi Sheilathecat,

I would recommend speaking to your IP, If you are unsure of anything after this by all means re-post and obtain a 2nd/3rd/4th! opinion!

Lee

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:42 pm
The offer is quite a bit lower than the amount of your remaining payments - and therefore creditors will need to understand why you want to settle early when you could carry on making payments.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”