Post IVA breach??

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

katrina939

Post by katrina939 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:01 pm
I've made my last payment to Payplan in September 2018, I have completed all payments and a report has been sent to court In November however I have received an undated letter demanding a large sum of money for breach - failure to make contributions which I have paid all in full as said by the report sent to court, I received this letter on Christmas Eve, I have been threatened to make the payment within three months, I have emailed but have had no reply when asking what I have this bill for and literally do not know what to do, I refuse to phone them as I have no facility to record the conversation and after a few problems in past do not trust them without email or written responses

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:31 pm
Was the letter rom Payplan and did it explain what this money was in respect of? If you have made all payments, maybe they think they have discovered an undeclared windfall or pay rise. I would suggest a letter, sent by post, recorded delivery, addressed directly to your IP, asking for an explanation
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:57 pm
If you are using a smart phone there are apps available to record calls *HOWEVER* the legality around recording a call is something to be aware of
-you can record a call without informing the other party so long as you are the only oerdi person to listen to the recording. If you intend to play the recording back to a 3rd party you need to inform the person you are talking to that the call is being recorded at the start of the call. If the verbally refuse for you to share the recording then you can only use it for your own reference. In some cases telephony staff are actually advised to terminate the call if they are being recorded without consent.

Writing a letter, sending it recorded delivery and giving them an expected timescale may be best.

katrina939

Post by katrina939 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:17 pm
Foggy wrote:
Was the letter rom Payplan and did it explain what this money was in respect of? If you have made all payments, maybe they think they have discovered an undeclared windfall or pay rise. I would suggest a letter, sent by post, recorded delivery, addressed directly to your IP, asking for an explanation
Hi, thank you for replying, yes it was for payplan but no details regarding the amount. I can't see how they would think I had a windfall and I'm self employed and they have my tax submissions and accounts so I think like you said write a letter asking for the full breakdown of money and send it recorded.

katrina939

Post by katrina939 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:19 pm
Mrs_Brown wrote:
If you are using a smart phone there are apps available to record calls *HOWEVER* the legality around recording a call is something to be aware of
-you can record a call without informing the other party so long as you are the only oerdi person to listen to the recording. If you intend to play the recording back to a 3rd party you need to inform the person you are talking to that the call is being recorded at the start of the call. If the verbally refuse for you to share the recording then you can only use it for your own reference. In some cases telephony staff are actually advised to terminate the call if they are being recorded without consent.

Writing a letter, sending it recorded delivery and giving them an expected timescale may be best.
Hi, thank you for replying. I think I will opt for sending a letter recorded delivery and as you suggested giving them a time scale
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”