Post Office Savings Stamps

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
40 posts Page 3 of 3

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:08 am
Good choice I think Jan for broadband and telephone with Sky, we're with them and to date it's all been good. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:11 am
Everyone I've spoken to has said that. We're due to changeover next Thursday (not looking forward to that - lots of swearing as the new one is set up) so I'll let you have my new email asap after that.

It's going to work out a lot cheaper than BT which is also a plus!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:17 am
It was very straightforward when I changed over last year, no hassle, I was impressed to be honest.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:25 am
I do hope so! I've already had to spend time on the phone as daughter had set herself up as a primary user on Sky so I've had to change it. Plus I've had to sort out one or two things with BT.

Be glad when it's sorted.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 pm
I`m with sky for my landline and broadband and they`ve been brilliant. I have broadband base because I`m a light user, and it`s free, the landline is £11 per month line rental with free calls weekends and after 6pm weekdays.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

whereswally

Post by whereswally » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 pm
Hi all,

Please note that Post Office Savings Stamps have been withdrawn and Monday 28th February 2011 is the last day you can use any leftover Savings Stamps as payment for a bill, Post Office service or car tax in a Post Office branch. Alternatively, unused Savings Stamps can be:

- Transferred on to the new Post Office Budget Card, which offers a convenient and secure way to put money away for bills
- Handed in over the counter to be exchanged for a Post Office Payout letter that can be cashed in at a Post Office branch. This letter will provide you with the full value of the Savings Stamps exchanged when presented in branch.

The Post Office is calling for anyone who has used or knows of someone who has used Post Office Savings Stamps, to check their purses and drawers as from Monday 28th February, the Stamps must be sent to a central office for processing before a refund can be provided. For more information, please contact the Post Office on 08457 22 33 44 or ask at your local branch.
Is he red or white? Black or blue? Furry or scaly? Three eyes or two?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum, and thanks for the information.

I think it's a shame they've withdrawn the stamps as the cards are awful. They are a pain to apply for, and when I tried to use mine I couldn't as the Post Office staff didn't know how to use them. After an argument with customer services I closed the account and now put the money in a savings account.

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:35 pm
Hi Guys

Not to sure if you know about OVo (gas and electric) if you tend to pay bills by monthly Direct Debit and the account is in credit - Ovo pay you a little interest 3% on credit balances - they also do 12 months fixed rate.
To keep things simple they have only two main tariffs

whereswally

Post by whereswally » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:43 pm
Oops, sorry - almost double posted!

Thanks for the welcome! I definitely agree - the OVO in-credit interest is a brilliant idea. Unfortunately I'm not with them anymore as I really liked their customer services :(

With N-Power now but they managed to offer me a 3 year contract!

I'm surprised about the card - I did have one for road tax and my local PO was ok with it!
Is he red or white? Black or blue? Furry or scaly? Three eyes or two?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:48 pm
I think it was just my Post Office, but it was so annoying as I had to scrape the cash together as he'd already written out the tax disc! Luckily I could use my debit card, but that's not the point!
40 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”